[Last updated: Sept 1, 2023]
You are about to enter the website (www.indiablockchainweek.com) (“Website”, including its sub-domains, sub-directories, other related domain names and related third-party web service providers) operated by SKXEM Management LLP (collectively referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”, including our subsidiaries, assignees, successors, licensors, licensees and/or other principals or agents). It is important that “you”, the user of our Website, read this page before continuing. If you continue to browse and use this Website, you acknowledge that you have understood and accept the following terms, if you do not agree to the Terms (defined below) you should exit this Website now. We may refuse access to and usage of the Website to anyone at any time, in its sole discretion.
By using the Content, you agree to be bound by these Terms. We may update these Terms from time to time and any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting, unless we indicate otherwise. If you use the Website and Content after any changes to the Terms have been posted, that means you agree to all of the changes. We suggest that you review these Terms periodically for changes.
The Website and Content is intended solely to provide general information about “India Blockchain Week” or “IBW”, and its related activities.
You may use the materials on this Website and the Content solely for personal, informational and non-commercial purposes, including sharing the Content on other social media platforms on an as-is basis. Except as otherwise specified oi the Website and Content, all copyright, content and material available on the Content and/or the Website— including information, photos, podcasts, blog posts, videos, graphics/charts, icons, code, design, and overall appearance — are our property (or our authorized licensors) and should not be used, modified, reproduced, sold, distributed, duplicated or have derivative works created by you without our prior written consent. All trademarks, trade names, and logos displayed in the Website and Content are our property, our affiliates, or our respective third-party owners, and we grant you no license to use them in any manner. The “India Blockchain Week” and “Hashed Emergent'' and any other trademark, brand, logo and wordmark cannot be used without the prior written our permission or of Hashed Emergent or the respective owner of such a trademark. You acknowledge and agree that will not violate ours or anyone else’s intellectual property rights in any manner and all the Content on this Website are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to, copyright protection.
General Risk Factors
This Website and the Content therein is for informational purposes only. While taken from sources believed to be reliable, We have not independently verified such information and makes no representations about the enduring accuracy of the information or its appropriateness for a given situation in the Content.
As a best practice and condition to access our Website and Content, you acknowledge and agree to the Terms herein and to strictly observe the following:
- comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements;
- review and comply with notices under these Terms.
- duplicate, license, sub-license, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit our Website;
- make mass, automated, systematic extractions from our Website or use it within, or to create, another site, service or database, or try to re-sell it or re-distribute it;
- decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, decipher, capture screenshots or otherwise attempt to derive the source-code of our Website or any underlying intellectual property;
- use any deep-link, page-scrap, spider-bots, crawlers, indexers, internet agent or automatic device, program, algorithm, or any similar or equivalent methodology to use, access, acquire information, generate impressions, input information, store information, search, generate searches or monitor any portion of our Website;
- use automated methods to add contracts or send messages, engaging in ‘framing’ or ‘mirroring’ or otherwise simulating the appears of the Website or the Content;
- engage in any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our Website infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited and unreasonable communication attempts, attempts to gain unauthorized access or transmission or activation of any malware or viruses;
- use any information obtained from the Website and/or Content to harass, abuse or harm any other person;
- if applicable, host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging or otherwise unlawful in any manner
The Website and Content may link to or integrate with other websites operated or content provided by third parties, and such other websites may link to this Website. We have no control over any such other websites or their content and will have no liability arising out of or related to such websites or their content. The existence of any such link does not constitute an endorsement of such websites, the content of the websites, or the operators of such websites. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience. You release and hold us harmless from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website or service.
Submissions to Us
Due to the large number of business plan ideas and related materials that we review, and the similarity of many such plans and materials, we cannot agree to obligations of confidentiality, non-use, or non-disclosure with regard to any information or materials submitted or provided to or otherwise shared with us. By submitting information or materials to us, you (or anyone acting on your behalf) agree that any such information or materials will not be considered confidential or proprietary, and that we are free to use it without condition. In no event will we be limited in, or restricted from, the pursuit of any opportunities, either alone or with third parties.
THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” NEITHER US NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES ARE PROVIDING ANY WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, will we or our affiliates be liable to you or any other person for (i) any amount in excess of $100, or (ii) any consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or exemplary damages, regardless of we or our affiliates have been apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring.
You are responsible for all information, content, and materials you contribute, disclose, or share in any manner on or through the Content and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the Content.
Nothing on the Content constitutes professional or financial advice of any kind (including business, employment, investment advisory, accounting, tax, and/or legal advice). Advice from a suitably qualified professional should always be sought in relation to any particular matter or circumstance. Nothing on the Content constitutes or forms a part of any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever.
You acknowledge and agree that neither we nor any other person (including, without limitation, any affiliate of ours) is in any way obligated to invest in any business you are associated with or offer you to invest in any entity or affiliate. Further, we makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee that any use of our Website or Content will result in your employment or engagement as a consultant or receiving career development services of any kind.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any third-party claims relating to (a) your use of the Content(including any actions taken by a third-party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms.
You and us agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and us and shall supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating to such subject matter. These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the laws of India, without giving effect to choice of law principles, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any disputes relating to these Terms shall be resolved exclusively in India as per the following section. These Terms are binding on you as well as your successors and permitted assigns. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES AND CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE WITH US AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US.
In the event of any disputes or disagreements arising between you or us, from or related to these Terms (“Disputes”), such Disputes shall be resolved solely by way of arbitration as per the Indian Arbitration Act, 1996 (as amended from time to time) (“Arbitration Rules”), and the decision of the arbiter shall be final and binding. Each Dispute shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration Rules, arbitrated by a sole arbiter, the seat and venue of such arbitration shall be Bangalore, India, the proceedings in English and unless otherwise determined by the arbitrator, each party in such arbitration will bear its own arbitration costs.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding Terms, please reach out to us using the contact details below. If you have any grievance or complaint, you may send us a notice to email@example.com.
[Last updated: Sept 1, 2023]
Categories of Personal Data We Collect. Below lists the categories of Personal Data that we collect and have collected:
- Contact Information (e.g., first and last name, email address)
- Device/IP data (e.g., IP address)
- Usage Analytics (e.g. interactions with our web properties and Content)
- Demographic Data (e.g., race, gender, veteran status)
- Geolocation Data (e.g., IP-address-based location information)
- Other Identifying information that You Voluntarily Provide (e.g., identifying information in emails or
letters you send us)
Sources of Personal Data:
You: When you provide such information directly to us. When Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Content (see the subsection titled “Information Collected Automatically” below).
Third Parties: The following is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we interact with for the Website: GetWaitlist.com, Typeform.com.
Vendors: For example, we may use analytics providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Content, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
Advertising Partners: We receive information about you from some of our vendors who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our Websites, applications, advertisements or communications.
Information Collected Automatically:
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that
you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and Content. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Content, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Website and Content. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Content such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Content, what pages visitors view on our Content and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Content. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Content for those who engage with our advertising. In addition to our own Performance/Analytical Cookies, the Content may contain Performance/Analytical Cookies from third party analytics services. You can learn more about these third parties in the “Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In” section below.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our Website and some of the Content and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http:///www.allaboutcookies.org.
Why We Collect and Use Your Personal Data:
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Content. We collect and use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To collect statistics about your usage of the Website and its patterns.
- To improve and personalize your experience of the Website.
- To communicate with you about the Content, including Service announcements, updates or
- To provide support and assistance for the Content.
- To create and manage your account or other user profiles.
- To personalize Website content and communications based on your preferences.
- To deliver our newsletters, emails and facilitate events.
- To manage visitors to our offices and protect our proprietary information and intellectual property.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Content, including testing, research, analysis and product
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security
and integrity of our Content.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set
forth in applicable data privacy laws.
- To contact you.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Content. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Content. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Content and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
To Whom We Share Your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data as indicated above to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data
Service providers. Categories of Personal Data Shared: We disclose Contact Information, Usage Analytics and Demographic Data to our Service Providers. Purposes for Sharing: These third-party service providers help us provide our Content and operate our business, including ad networks, analytics providers, security and fraud prevention providers, hosting and other technology and communications providers, and staff augmentation and contract personnel. We also use third-party service providers to help us manage newsletter signups and email services and for event registration. When we share your Personal Data with Service Providers, they may only use your Personal Data for specific purposes relating to assisting us with running our Website and business.
Successors to Our Business. Categories of Personal Data Shared: We disclose all Personal Data.
Purposes for Sharing: Your Personal Data may also be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part), including the Website.
Statutory Authorities. Categories of Personal Data Shared: We disclose all Personal Data.
Purposes for Sharing: Your Personal Data will only be shared with competent regulatory/statutory/judicial bodies to comply with applicable laws and to respond to lawful requests and due legal process.
We take care to allow your Personal Data to be accessed only by those who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it, with your consent.
Why and How we store your Personal Data
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. For example, the Content uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of Personal Data you provide to us. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
Date Retention We retain Personal Data about you for as long as we have a business purpose to do so. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.